Requests for data from third parties
At the RCVS we hold data on veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and veterinary practices. Aside from passing on data to fulfil our statutory and Charter function and to satisfy the legal obligation lawful basis requirement under GDPR, we can make data available under certain circumstances.
Veterinary surgeon and veterinary nurse data
For vets and VNs we can pass on either Register or email data. Register data is comprised of an individual’s:
- title and full name (including any previous names)
- registered address
- registerable qualification (including awarding organisation and date of graduation)
- registration date and category
A veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse can elect to allow us to share their Register data and/or email as with:
- the RCVS Knowledge
- veterinary membership organisations or equivalent
- on-commercial / charitable organisations within the veterinary sector
- other entities, for the purposes of research
- other veterinary professionals through the My Account area
Veterinary practice data
For those wishing to undertake genuine non-commercial research we can make practice data available wherein a practice has not listed their objection to us doing so. At present we can share the data for 40% of all veterinary practice premises. This can include the following:
- practice name
- contact details including phone number, fax number and email
- species treated
- accreditations and awards held under the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
If you would like to make a request for data please complete a copy of the relevant conditions of supply form (at the end of this page) and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responses to requests will normally be received within 10 working days.