Concerns about veterinary nurses (RVNs) can either be dealt with by the Veterinary Client Mediation Service (VCMS), the organisation responsible for administering our ADR trial, or the RCVS.
The nature of your concern will determine which organisation can help you.
Concerns for the VCMS
VCMS can help you if your concern relates to:
- the service you have received from a veterinary practice
- the fees you have been charged
- an apology
- a refund
- corrective/further treatment
- a goodwill payment
If you think your concern is for VCMS, you can contact them directly using 0345 040 5834 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the VCMS scheme is voluntary; this means that the veterinary nurse must agree to VCMS’ involvement.
Concerns for the RCVS
The RCVS can only deal with the most serious concerns that relate to a veterinary nurse's professional conduct. This includes:
- Very poor professional performance where there are serious departures from the standards set out in the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct
- Fraud or dishonesty
- Criminal convictions or cautions
- Physical or mental health problems affecting ability to work
If you think your concern is for us, or you’re not sure, please contact us on 020 72020789 or fill in our short enquiry form and we will contact you.
For more information about the types of concerns we can deal with, how we go about it, and how we will keep in touch with, please see what you need to know first.
If you would like more detail about our investigation process, please read how we assess and investigate concerns raised about a veterinary nurse.